Two most important things, besides healthy diet are water and exercise. Why water? Well ,water helps flush your system of toxins and waste products, and still a lot of people go through life dehydrated – low energy, causing tiredness and eve headaches. Also, it is frequent to make a mistake between thirst and hunger. So if you stay well hydrated it will help you to make some of the healthier food choices.
Why exercise? You have to find some activity that you like to do and of course to add in your day, just as you have to add some healthy food into your diet. The thing is that the benefits of constant exercise are rich and you have to know that regular exercise can inspire you to make some healthy food choices as your regular habit. Also, exercise is very important to keep your body flexible and fit, and if you have to – to lose some weight.
The next thing is about eating. it is not what you eat, t is how you eat. Think about this. When we talk about healthy eating, we are talking about more than just the food on your plate. It is also how you think about that food. You have to think about food as nourishment instead of something on the way to pick up the kids or something to gulp down in between your meetings.
- Try to eat with others whenever possible. Why? Well if you with other people it has numerous emotional and social benefits – especially for children- and of course allows you to make some healthy eating habits. You have to avoid eating in front of computer or TV, because it can lead you to mindless overeating.
- Enjoy your mealtimes and take your time to chew your food. The thing is that a lot of people tend to rush through their meals, and they often forget to taste the flavors and to feel the textures of their food.
- You have to listen to your body. Because it is very frequent to mistake thirst with hunger, you should check yourself if you are actually hungry. Or maybe you should just take a glass of water to see if you are just thirsty. Also, the other important thing during a meal, you should stop eating before you feel full. You have to eat slowly, because it takes a few minutes for your brain to tell your body that you have had enough food.
- Do not skip breakfast, and try to eat several smaller meals through the day. The thing with healthy breakfast is that it can jumpstart your metabolism, and if you eat small and healthy meals through the day (instead of standard three large meals) it will keep your metabolism going and your energy.
- You have to avoid eating at night. You should try to eat your dinner earlier in the day. You should not eat anything before you go to sleep. If you eat only when you are active it can help you to regulate your weight and to give your digestive system a long break every day. You have to avoid after-dinner snacks because they are high in fat and calories.